There are times in life when God asks us to take steps of faith. These steps are often very difficult and require a great amount of trust. Sometimes they require a willingness to stand alone and to rest wholeheartedly in the arms of our Savior. In our feble minds, we can't imagine taking the risks required. However, we know, in the pit of our soul, that the only way to move forward and to continue to grow spiritually we must take these steps, no matter what the cost.
God has brought me to a place in my life where I have a choice. I can continue to live life, fearing the reactions and judgments of man or I can chose to serve Him wholeheartedly, surrendering my fears and laying them willingly at His feet. Although I know the road will not be easy, I am chosing change - a change of focus, a change of heart, a new beginning. As my heart is filled with the combination of excitement of a "new life" and anxiety I am drawn to Matthew 6 and the Psalms:
Matthew 6
vs. 25 Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
vs. 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
vs. 34 Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Psalm 64:10
Let the righteous one rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him! Let all the upright in heart exult!
Psalm 97:12
Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous, and give thanks to his holy name!
My prayer...
God's Promises in The Valley of Vision
All thy promises in Christ Jesus are
yea and amen, and all shall be fulfilled.
Thou has spoken them, and they shall be done,
commanded, and they shall come to pass.
Yes I have often doubted thee,
have lived at times as if there were no God.
Lord, forvive me that death in life,
when I have douns something apart from thee,
when I have been content with ephemeral things.
But through thy grace I have repented;
Thou has given me to read my pardon
in the wounds of Jesus,
and my soul doth trust in him, my God incarnate,
the ground of my life, the spring of my hope.
Teach me to be resigned to thy will,
to delight in thy law,
to have no will but thine,
to believe that everything thou doest is
for my good.
Help me to leave my concerns in thy hands,
for thou has power over evil,
and bringest from it an infinite progression
of good,
until thy purposes are fulfilled.
Bless me with Abraham's faith
that staggers not at promises through unbelief.
May I not instruct thee in my troubles,
but glorify thee in my trials;
Grant me a distinct advance in the divine life;
May I reach a higher platform,
leave the mists of doubt and fear in the valley,
and climb to hill-tops of eternal security in Christ
by simply believing he cannot lie,
or turn from his purpose.
Give me the confidence I ought to have in him
who is worthy to be praised,
and who is blessed evermore.
No comments:
Post a Comment