As I am getting ready to mail out my Christmas cards, I thought it might be more economical if I posted my Christmas letter on my blog rather than mailing it out. So, I'm mailing out pictures with my blog address on them :-)and posting my letter here.
Since I haven't mailed out Christmas cards for the past two years, I have a lot of catching up to do.
In January of 2006, I moved into a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with 3 other girls. After 6 months of sharing a room and sleeping on a squeaky metal bunk bed, we all realized we needed to make some adjustments. With the Lord's provision of a new job, I was now able to consider paying for a room of my own. So, two of the girls moved out and my dear friend, Vonna and I took over the lease. We were more than happy to enjoy our own rooms and make the place a home.
In June of 2006, I was hired by iLevel by Weyerhaeuser (aka Weyerhaeuser Building Materials) as a Customer Service Representative. My first year consisted of learning the ropes of answering calls, writing up orders, planning customer events, learning as much as I possibly could about the materials we carry, and learning the ins and outs of the construction industry. Since then, I have taken on some new rolls involving site safety and employee health and wellness. I am also learning the ins and outs of our new computer system that will be implemented in August of 2009. I will have the privilege of training our staff how to navigate their way through this new system.
Life outside of work consists of great times with family and friends. A big part of my life is my involvement in my church and activities with members of my church family. I have been a member of Placerita Baptist Church since 1999 and have enjoyed being involved in various ministries within those 9 years. I am currently serving as a member of the College Staff and have been greatly blessed to invest in the lives of various girls. I have also had the blessing of spending time with the College Pastor's family and forming a close friendship with his wife. They have become my Santa Clarita Family. Other than College ministry, I am still enjoying playing my saxophone for holiday concerts and working in the nursery on Sunday evenings. Both ministries have provided many moments of joy and laughter!
It looks like 2009 may bring about some changes as my wonderful roommate is considering moving back to Oregon to be close to family. We'll see what the Lord has in store. I'll look forward to updating you next year!
If you are wanting more details on what I have been up to, please take the time to look through the rest of my blog. Many of my posts have pictures included.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! May we remember the true reason for the season.
2 comments:
This was a fun way to read your update! Merry Christmas!
;)
So, you probably don't need the directory I FINALLY sent to you? That's okay. Since I had to find your email address, I found this, too, so I will add you to my list. Lots to catch up on. Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment