Saturday, December 02, 2006

My Golden Birthday

Wednesday, November 29th, was my "Golden Birthday", as I have learned it is called. That particular day was not very exciting. However, Vonna headed up a great adventure of lunch and surprises on the following Saturday. Many friends from church and school treated me to a wonderful lunch at the Macaroni Grill in Stevenson Ranch. The tables were decorated in a music theme, including tinsel with guitars sprinkled within it and treble and bass clefs as center pieces. I was a little slow and I didn't think anything of the theme, being that I love music! However, the guitars led to the greatest surprise.
The great surprise....a new guitar! Everyone graciously contributed to the purchase of a beautiful acoustic guitar. I am so blessed! My fingers hurt already :-)



This was the beautiful cake that Tony created for us to enjoy.


This is one of my adopted mom's and sister's, Jamie and Taryn Daggs. They are dear friends and sister's in the Lord!

My dear friends, Keisha and Carly. Keisha has shown me what it truly means to be a woman of faith during trying times and Carly has shown me what it means to have a gentle and quiet spirit and to love others with the love of Christ.
Leah is a treasured friend who I have the blessing of working with as well. I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know her better.





Kristina and I had the blessing of working together when I worked at Placerita Baptist Church. She too, is a faithful and treasured friend.
Dianna has shown me what it truly means to be bold with your faith. Her desire to share the love of the Lord has been an example to me. It has been such a blessing to watch her grow in her relationship with the Lord over these past few months.
I am so thankful for Heather's friendship. I am looking forward to getting to know her better. She is an amazing woman of God.

What to say about one of the world's greatest roommate......
Vonna has been such a blessing in my life. She has challenged me in my walk with the Lord in ways I never thought possible. She has taught me what it means to put the Lord first and foremost in your life and how to find genuine contentment in what the Lord has planned for me. She has taught me to dream about my future, find hope and joy in who Christ has created me to be, and to always seek to honor the Lord with all that I do.


Dave and Gloria Stolarski are not only the parents of my dear friends Katie and Krista (who couldn't come because they had to work) but also a dear couple who I have had the blessing to get to know over the past few months. Dave is our Children's Ministries intern. Both Gloria and Dave have been an example to me of what it truly means to serve selflessly.



"Winnie" Tilton, my treasured and dear friend. I continue to be thankful for her friendship and the example she has been to me.

Rebekah Tilton - The daughter of Rowena and a constant encouragement to my heart. Rebekah has shown an amazing maturity in how she has dealt with the unexpected death of her father. I have watched her be by her mother's side and provide smiles when smiles were most needed.
Frank and Tony are the best neighbors in the whole world! :-) We have enjoyed many nights of great meals, games, and much laughter with them. They are also dear friends and brother's in Christ.





















No comments: