I realize that I haven't published a post in a long time. A few of you have lovingly pointed out the fact that I need to update this blog more often. I don't even know where to start. These last few months have been very full. The Lord has blessed my life in so many ways. At the end of February, I was introduced to an amazing man, following an evening service at my church. Over the next few weeks following our initial introduction, he pursued getting to know me and then within a month, we were officially courting/dating. The last two months have been some of the best and hardest months of my life. Joe was not part of my "plan". Yet, I wouldn't change what has happened for anything! The Lord has used Joe to deepen my spiritual life in ways I never dreamed possible. I hadn't realized how incredibly selfish I was. Now, I am in a situation where I am faced with that selfishness on a daily basis. I had looked at my selfishness as a form of independence and a mode of survival as a single woman. Now, I am faced with the harsh reality that I am just purely selfish and there is no excuse for it. I have consistently been overwhelmed with who Joe has shown himself to be - a true man of God. I am so thankful that he is challenging me to fight my sinful tendancies and I pray that I will live my life in such a way that does truly bring honor to our Lord. I am looking forward to seeing where the Lord is going to take us both, during this incredibly rewarding time of growth and encouragement. My life is changing and heading in a direction I never imagined. I love how the Lord works!
Another recent blessing has been the blessing of a new home. Last Saturday, my wonderful roommate and dear friend, Vonna and I moved to a beautiful 3 bedroom house on the same property as some very dear friends from our church. 25 people from our church showed up on our doorstep at 9 am and helped us acheive the impossible. We were completely moved out of our old place and in to our new place in less than 3 hours. Some of the women even stayed and helped clean our old home. I'm so thankful for my wonderful church family! We are now getting used to the lizards in the house, the various bugs that are regular visitors and the dirt of country living. I love it!! I am really looking forward to hosting various times of fellowship and opening up our home to care for those who the Lord brings across our path. What a blessing to have a home in which we can do this!
As I hear of the many people who are being laid off from jobs and are desperately searching for employment, I am also very thankful that I am still gainfully employed. Next month will mark my 3rd year with Weyerhaeuser. My job has definitely been my mission field. I am surrounded by unbelievers, who have no desire to know my Lord and Savior. My heart aches for them as I watch them pursue the things of the world and as I watch their joy waiver as the economy declines and achievements become more difficult to reach. They have no comprehension of what true joy is. I continue to pray that the Lord will use me to bring glory and honor to Him in a very dark world. I have been very convicted about my lack of boldness in sharing my faith and I am looking forward to seeing how the Lord will continue to challenge me in this area.
Well, that's the brief version of my life over the past few months. I know that some of you use this blog as a means for keeping up with what is happening in my life. I hope this helps. Thank you so much for your faithful friendships and involvement in my life.
Praise the LORD!
Praise, O servants of the LORD,
Praise the name of the LORD.
Blessed be the name of the LORD
From this time forth and forever.
From the rising of the sun to its setting
The name of the LORD is to be praised.
The LORD is high above all nations;
His glory is above the heavens.
Who is like the LORD our God,
Who is enthroned on high,
Who humbles Himself to behold
The things that are in heaven and in the earth?
He raises the poor from the dust
And lifts the needy from the ash heap,
To make them sit with princes,
With the princes of His people.
~Psalm 113:1-8
5 comments:
You need to blog like that more often! That's a great update! Why do you make me cry these days lol?
I am praying for you both as you travel what the Lord has before you and never do we see so much of our sin then when we are called to serve another so selflessly! I continue to be refined and stretched and this is almost 20 years later my friend! Yes,
it does lessen and yes the goal is to sin less but it is all for His glory and us to be more like Him! relationships tend to do that kind of thing to us, refinement ;)
I also am so thankful to see the Lord answer and direct you and Vonna in separate ways that still has you remaining such good friends! As I so often say, He likes us right at His throne to the very end and then the blessings come! This house is a definite blessing for you two!
Love You!
and if dating doesn't reveal one's selfishness ... marriage will! (no pressure or anything ;)
Amen Jacquelyn! Erica, you have met and amazing man who clearly adores you! We are amazed at how the Lord is communicating with you in such a clear way. It sometimes hurts while at other times it is a comfort. It is quite amazing how you accept both. Keep yourself open to all who love you so much and continually pray for your growth. What a thrill! We love you and are very proud of you! M & D
What a wonderful update... I'm praying for you sweetie! love W
Yay!!!
Post a Comment