
On Tuesday, July 29th, my Papa, Albert Robertson, passed away. He will be dearly missed. He was an amazing man who truly loved his family. I have so many fond memories of him. He was an avid 49ers fan and always made sure he had his season tickets. I think he owned every piece of memorabilia that one could possibly possess. He was the first person to try and teach me the game of football. I remember wrestling with he and my cousins during the 1/2 time breaks of the away games. This was the only time he settled for watching the games on T.V. and not in living color. Papa was also an amazing trumpet player. Some of my best memories involve he and I sitting on the floor of the living room, practicing trumpet. We had many laughs over the sounds that we created! He was one of the people who really encouraged me in my musical pursuits.
My heart aches as I wish I had made more time to travel and visit him. I can only hope that he knew just how much I loved him. His death has made me even more thankful for each breath that the Lord gives me and for each opportunity He gives me to serve Him. Although, I long for life in my eternal home, I do hope and pray that the Lord will use me while He has me here.
I'll miss you Papa.
3 comments:
hmm...very humorous thinking of you learning about football!! ;)
Yeah... believe it or not, I love to watch football with my Dad and I used to love to watch it with my Papa. I know... you don't picture me being the sports type do you?
ummmm No! lol
Post a Comment